Frequently Asked Questions
How did Stand N Stride Foundation originate?
Stand N Stride Foundation is a not for profit social organization registered in India on 01.01.2020 under section 8 of company Act 18 of 2013 from Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India.
Does it rgistered under 80 G and 12 A under income tax act ?
We have applied for it. We will get soon.
In which field and in which part of India it works ?
It works in the field of child education in south west Delhi.
How does Stand N Stride Foundation raise resources?
Stand N Stride Foundation raises the valuable resources we need for our work through donations received from individuals, corporations and institutions but not from any state government or central Govt.
The problem is huge! Will my small contribution make a difference?
It most certainly will. A small amount goes a long way. In fact, individual contributions form almost 90 to 95% of our income. Taken together, it is these seemingly small contributions that collectively add up to a large amount needed to affect change. Stand N Stride Foundation provides the opportunity to help children in whatever way you can. You can contribute money, materials, time or skills. When everybody comes together and pitches in, no task is impossible. This collective action has an impact and brings about change. Every individual’s contribution is important.
Do you disclose the name,address and complete family details of any child todonors?
We believe that the work we do gives children what is rightfully theirs. Beneficiaries must not be made to feel obliged for the support they receive. Hence, rather than supporting individual children, we pool the resources we raise and disburse them to the programs we support. This is done to ensure that there is no differentiation between children. And while the names of children are withheld, we encourage you to visit the projects we support, so that you can see the various ways to which your resources are being put.
How does Stand N Stride Foundation ensure implementation of Child Rights?
Stand N Stride Foundation attempts to address the root causes affecting child rights– such as non-functioning schools, child labour, unemployed parents, non-availability of healthcare centers etc – that keep children away from their rights make them vulnerable. Moreover, Stand N Stride Foundation believes that community mobilization is one of the key aspects of ensuring sustainable change. Our approach has ensured that children, their parents and communities are informed about their rights and engage with their local government bodies to make sure that the root causes of their immediate problems are solved.
On what basis Stand N Stride Foundation chooses the projects that it supports?
Our selection process is basically based on trust, transparency, partnership and accountability. Child Help Stand N Stride Foundation’sDevelopment Support division works closely with partners to understand their needs, ensure resources are optimally used through regular budgeting and reporting systems aided by Account Aid, a firm of chartered accountants specializing in this sector.
How are resources collected by Stand N Stride Foundation used?
We use a holistic approach to efficiently put our pool of resources to use using the following methods:
- Direct action with children in the form of education and health care.
- Community mobilisation towards achievement of their rights
- Advocacy with government bodies to influence policy framing and implementation.
Financial support and non-financial inputs in the form of organisation development, capacity building and training is extended to:
- Individuals and projects working directly with underprivileged children and their parents, with local communities and government bodies.
- Resource organisations that provide training, education material, etc. to smaller, younger initiatives in particular.
- Strategic alliances or networks, whose aim is to facilitate the transfer of learning, build solidarity and influence policy.
How does Stand N Stride Foundation cover its own costs?
Stand N Stride Foundation’s organisational costs comprise:
- Raising donations.
- Selecting, monitoring, evaluating and providing capacity building inputs to projects.
- Creating public awareness on our children's situation and their rights
- Support activities like administration, human resources, communication, information technology and financial management.
- Office equipment, furniture, travel, courier services, information technology support, media and advertising are some of the areas in which we receive free or discounted services from corporate partners as well as donations in cash and kind, wherever possible. Exemptions from duties also help reduce our costs. Income from corpus investments and other funds are also used to cover expenses.
Are Stand N Stride Foundation employees paid for their work?
The full-time employees of Stand N Stride Foundation are given regular salaries. We believe that this is important to attract the professional talent we need to manage our activities (and your resources) effectively. It is important to note, however, Stand N Stride Foundation salaries are modest in comparison with commercial organizations.
Where can I view your Annual Report?
You can access our Annual Reports online as well as request a printed copy from the Stand N Stride Foundation office nearest to you. If you have any queries that have not been addressed here or require clarification on any of the information provided, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at the Stand N Stride Foundation Office nearest to you or email us email@example.com or call on 9599029429